Sunday, April 15, 2012

Progress On Exercising

My wife finally coerced me to sign up at a gymnasium. Signing up, I asked the young lady across the counter how many times I had to come. She said some people come every day, some three times a week, some once a week. I replied that on the agreement, I did not see a box I could check for zero times a week.

She said you will enjoy it, look thru the glass at all the people and all the machines. As I peered thru that glass cell, I saw the torture machines, I noticed that nobody was smiling, and they were sweating. I then recalled that there is a religious denomination in town that says you must suffer on Earth, so you will be rewarded in Heaven. I figured that all the people in that glass imprisonment belonged to that denomination.

On the way home, I stopped at a bookstore and bought a book on exercising, showing pictures of various exercises. As I sat down on my back porch reading it, looking at pictures, and of course sipping on my cup of coffee, which they still haven’t said was bad for you this month, I sensed that my pulse rate was rising and there were tiny drops of sweat on my brow, and I felt that I was doing my part.
Or maybe it was just the mister on the back porch on my forehead. You never can really tell about these things.

Stat counter


View My Stats