Tuesday, August 16, 2011

GOP Punchline #4: They Are For Less Spending

Sarah Palin would say this is a gotcha, cuz this is a gotcha.

Excuse me if I abbreviate the word "drugs" for "pharmaceuticals" When the VA gets drugs, they get to negotiate prices with the drug companies. When Medicare Part D for drugs came up in Congress, it seemed like a logical follow through.
Oh no. Democrats wanted Medicare to be able to negotiate, hey as much as half price.
You'd think the Republicans, with their pronouncements, would want the government to spend less money. I won't say they are con men. That would be be an insult to con men. They are outright liars.
Dick Armey was a lobbyist for the drug companies. Drug companies got their ten pounds of flesh, no negotiating. Why do I keep picking on these seven foot tall men who have friends like Karl Rove and Tom Delay. It's a fault that I am working on.
When Reagan was governor of California, he increased the size of government and spending. He did the same in Washington.
George Bush came to Washington, did the same thing, right off the bat. Long before his wars, Newsweek quoted a senior federal official: "I have never seen an administration spend so much, it's flying out the windows, over the telephone, no contracts, I can't keep up with it."
Who was their Dick who said "deficits don't matter." Seems like they all wrapped their ribbons around his Maypole back then.

When GOPs tell you they are for less spending, most of my fellow Dems would say this is not exactly true. I won't say that. Up until very recently, they've been liars.

Stat counter


View My Stats