Wednesday, August 17, 2011

GOP Punchline #5: Taxes

First things first: For whatever I have thought about Karl Rove before, I want to commend him today. I want to commend him for chewing out Rick Perry's butt. Somehow I feel Karl will get this message if I leave it here.

Back to the matter of taxes:
When Eisenhower was president the top individual federal income tax rate was 92%. Republicans didn't complain, they were all running around with "I like Ike" buttons.

Now the top rate is only 35%. Repubs scream, say they want 25%.
All their candidates scream. I figure the one that is going to win is the one who promises: "If you vote for me, you won't ever have to pay any taxes ever again."

I know one thing, when all the street lights go out, we can hire Teabaggers to stand on the corners at night holding up candles.

Same thing on corporate taxes. Teabaggers want them lowered. Hell, find me a corporation that's paying 35%. They're paying 10%, 3%, some of them nothing.

We had 18 ceiling hikes under Reagan, some of them included 62% revenue (tax) hikes. Our current President bent over backward to compromise. The jackasses on the other side of the aisle wouldn't compromise to even close tax loopholes.

Earlier, Michele Bachmann declared that we should investigate Congressmen to see if they are anti-American. Funny you should ask, Michele. I figure the only way we are going to work through this now is if I name them in a future GOP Punchline. Hide and watch Michele.

Stat counter


View My Stats