Friday, August 26, 2011

Not One Single Bridge


I don’t want one single bridge to collapse on one single Republican. I don’t want four million of my Republican friends to go without electricity when multi-state power grids go down again. OK, I’m exaggerating about the friends part, but not the four million.
I don’t want Republican drinking water contaminated with sewage, nor do I want Republicans to go without water because of 75 year old leaking systems. Think I’m kidding, read the American Society of Civil Engineers reports.

Our airports, roads, tunnels, bridges, railroads, water and sewer systems, electrical grids, are either crumbling or need upgrading. Neglected for decades, tending to them is not an option, not an alternative.

We have 19% unemployment. They told you 9% ? Somebody coined a sweet sounding word called “underemployed.” To me the engineer flipping hamburgers, the teacher handing chicken nuggets out the drive thru window, the construction worker stacking whole pickles and the kitchen sink on a Chicago hotdog, are all “unemployed.”

Republicans say government should not create jobs, private industry should. Private industry sits on two trillion dollars profits refusing to create jobs because that would help destroy Obama.
Is it going to cost some money? You betcha. But it will cost more not to do it.
Some Republicans don’t believe employed people pay taxes, buy things, and spend money. These Republicans probably also like leaking sewage in their drinking water.

Put the unemployed to work fixing crumbling infrastructure and America wins twice.

Stat counter


View My Stats