Saturday, August 20, 2011

GOP Punchline #8: God

Was God used?
Remember how I showed you how Our Troops were used.

Before I proceed with this one, we again need some qualifiers.
I am a Christian.
I believe in God.
I believe in miracles; I believe some day that more Democrats will stand up and speak up; that would be a miracle.
I love, revere, respect God very much.
But I do not fear God.
I have no reason to fear God.
The few people I fear are some of my fellow Christians, the few sort who have diminished intelligence, or don't use the intelligence God gave them, the sort if you say something they don't like, they're gonna kill you.
The scary part is, the next day, they'll say God told them to do it.

As we proceed, make no mistake, I do not mock God.
It is NOT God I mock.
Let us proceed.

You all remember George Bush said God told him to run for president.
You may remember Michele Bachmann said she didn't want to become a lawyer, but God told her to.
How long must we wait, how long must we wait, before Rick Perry gets on the platform, raises his arm, shoots off his pistole, and declares the very words, God told him to run for president?

I talk to God all the time; God talks back to me. I like it especially when He calls me because it saves on my long distance phone bill.
Right-wingers question this. I say wait a minute, you remember how Bush was talking to God and God was talking to him?
They say yes.
I tell them, Well, I'm talking to the same Guy.

Now, in the matter of George vs God, who are we to believe regarding whether God told George to run, God or George? Let's look at this scientifically. Let's examine from A to Z, or in George's case, from C to W. Has George Bush ever lied to us about everything from Cocaine to War? There are two or three people who believe George Bush cannot tell a lie.

So I asked God about the matter. Turns out we can actually let George somewhat off the hook. God actually did ask George Bush to run for president.

God started the conversation. It's always polite to let Him start.
He said remember that time I told George to run for president?
I said yes God.
God said He was wrong; He made a mistake in asking George.
God added, I guess that means I'm not infallible anymore.
I said God don't be too hard on yourself.

Love your fellow man folks, that's what Jesus came down here to tell us.

Stat counter


View My Stats